Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who/what is COGS?
- COGS is the registered graduate student government which represents the interests of students in research-based Doctoral and Master's programs across the University of Minnesota.
- What are Robert's Rules?
- What should I do to prepare for my first meeting?
- All are welcome at General Assembly meetings and we want you to feel comfortable so we have provided a guide about what to expect: "Preparing for your first GA meeting"
- Who should I contact to get involved with COGS?
- If your program has a representative, you might want to ask them general questions. Otherwise, you can contact the member of the Leadership Team most relevant to your questions. Both can be found on the Leadership and Reps lists if you are logged into your university Google account.
- How do I bring attention to an issue that is important to me?
- You can contact the current speaker, Scott Petty (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss getting your issue put on the meeting agenda or evaluating the best way to address it. Please send your proposal at least two weeks ahead of a GA meeting.
- You can submit your concerns using the "Graduate Student Helpline"
202 Coffman Memorial Union
331 Johnston Hall